Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thyagaraja Bhakthi

mAru Balka - Sri ranjani - Adi


Tyagaraja as an intimate devotee, asks Rama why he was not replying him. But soon he was happy to realize that Rama was in his heart only.
PmAru balka kunna vEmira mA manOramaNa ||Why don't you reply me, Oh my beloved Rama.
APjAra chOra bhajana chEsitinA sAketa sadana ||Did I worship characterless and dishonest persons, Oh Lord of Saketa.
CdoorabhAra mandu nA hridayAravinda mandu nela konu
dAri nerigi santa silli naTTi tyAgarAjanuta ||
I thought your abode Saketa is far away
Now I realize that you are in my heart only
I am happy, Oh Lord of Tyagaraja.

manasA eTulO - malaya mArutam - roopakam

In this Kruti Tyagaraja blames himself for not listening to his own request to spend time in the devotion to Rama. He also requests his mind not to waste time in evil thoughts.
PmanasA eTulOrtune nA manavini chE konavE Oh! ||How can I bear? Why don't you listen to me? Oh my heart.
APdinakara kula bhooshaNuni, deenuDa vai bhajana chEsi
dinamu gaDupu manina neevu vinava dEla guNa viheena ||
When I ask you to spend your day praying Rama, the jewel of the Sun dynasty, why don't you listen? Oh my wicked mind.
CkalilO rAjasa tAmasa guNa mulu kala vAri chelimi
kalasi melasi tiruguchu mari kAlamu gaDapa kanE
sulabhamugA kaDa tEranu soochanalanu teliya jEyu ilanu tyAgarAju mATa vinva dEla guna vi heena ||
In this Kaliyuga, don't spend your time moving in the company of the aggressive or the indolent.
Why don't you listen to Tyagaraja's words? They reveal the path to uplift yourself easily.


manavi Alakinchara - naLina kAnti - Adi

P
manaviAla kincha rAdaTE
marma mella delpeda nE manasa ||
Oh my mind, why don't you listen to my appeals?
AP
ghanu Daina rAma chandruni
karuNanta rangamu telasi nA ||
I'll reveal the inner nature of the compassionate and great Rama.
C
karma kAnDa matA krushTulai bhava
gahana chArulai gAsi chendaga
kani mAna vAvatAruDai
kani pinchinAdE naData tyAgarAju ||
Many misinformed persons with the sole aim of achieving greatness, performed austerities and vedic rituals. Thus they continue to entangle themselves in the cycle of births and deaths. Rama took incarnation on the earth as a human being to demonstrate how righteousness and compassion alone are ideals for the mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment