Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kabir ♥



Having crossed the river,
where will you go, O friend ?

There's no road to tread,
No traveler ahead,
Neither a beginning, nor an end.

There's no water, no boat, no boatman, no cord;
No earth is there, no sky, no time, no bank, no ford.

You have forgotten the Self within,
Your search in the void will be in vain;
In a moment the life will ebb
And in this body you won't remain.

Be ever conscious of this, O friend,
You've to immerse within your Self;
Kabir says, salvation you won't then need,
For what you are, you would be indeed.
 Kabir 

Abode of the Beloved
Oh Companion That Abode Is Unmatched,
Where My Complete Beloved Is.

In that Place There Is No Happiness or Unhappiness,
No Truth or Untruth
Neither Sin Nor Virtue.
There Is No Day or Night, No Moon or Sun,
There Is Radiance Without Light.

There Is No Knowledge or Meditation
No Repetition of Mantra or Austerities,
Neither Speech Coming From Vedas or Books.
Doing, Not-Doing, Holding, Leaving
All These Are All Lost Too In This Place.

No Home, No Homeless, Neither Outside or Inside,
Micro and Macrocosm Are Non-Existent.
Five Elemental Constituents and the Trinity Are Both Not There
Witnessing Un-struck Shabad Sound is Also Not There.

No Root or Flower, Neither Branch or Seed,
Without a Tree Fruits are Adorning,
Primordial Om Sound, Breath-Synchronized Soham,
This and That - All Are Absent, The Breath Too Unknown

Where the Beloved Is There is Utterly Nothing
Says Kabir I Have Come To Realize.
Whoever Sees My Indicative Sign
Will Accomplish the Goal of Liberation.
♥ Kabir 


Friend, please tell me what I can do about this mud world
I keep spinning out of myself!

I gave up expensive clothes, and bought a robe
But I noticed one day the cloth was well-woven.

So I bought some burlap, but I still
Throw it elegantly over my left shoulder.

I stopped being a sexual elephant,
And now I discover that I"m angry a lot.

I finally gave up anger, and now I notice
That I am greedy all day.

I worked hard at dissolving the greed,
And now I am proud of myself.

When the mind wants to break its link with the world
It still holds on to one thing.

Kabir says: Listen, my friend,
There are very few that find the path!!

♥ Kabir 

The bhakti path...

The bhakti path winds in a delicate way.
On this path there is no asking and no not asking.
The ego simply disappears the moment you touch
  him.
The joy of looking for him is so immense that you
just dive in,
and coast around like a fish in the water.
If anyone needs a head, the lover leaps up to offer
his.
Kabir's poems touch on the secrets of this bhakti.

♥ Kabir 


I said to the wanting-creature inside me:
What is this river you want to cross?
There are no travelers on the river-road, and no road.
Do you see anyone moving about on that bank, or resting?

There is no river at all, and no boat, and no boatman.
There is no tow rope either, and no one to pull it.
There is no ground, no sky, no time, no bank, no ford!

And there is no body, and no mind!
Do you believe there is some place that will make the
soul less thirsty?
In that great absence you will find nothing.

Be strong then, and enter into your own body;
there you have a solid place for your feet.
Think about it carefully!
Don't go off somewhere else!

Kabir says this: just throw away all thoughts of
imaginary things,
and stand firm in that which you are.

♥ Kabir 


Maya, I know her illusory power,
Maya, to be a great thug;
Her hands sway,holding a web-like trap,
She speaks in sweet voice;
For Kesava(the sustainer)she’s seated
as embodiment-of-abundance,
For Shiva(God of dissolution)
she’s Empress-of-worlds;
For priest she is idol of worship,
in places of pilgrimage
She manifests as holy water;
For yogis she’s a spiritual partner,
In king's palace she’s the queen;
For some she’s seated as priceless diamond,
For some she’s a mere penny;
For devotees she’s seated in object of devotion,
For Brahma she’s his companion;
says Kabir, listen oh practicing aspirant,
All this is an untold story!


Maya maha thugni hum jani;
tirgun phans liye kar dole,
bole madhuri bani;
Kesav ke Kamla ve baithi,
Shiv ki bhavan Bhavani;
punda ke murat ve baithi,
tirath mein bhai pani;
yogi ke yogin ve baithi,
raja ke ghar rani;
kahu ke hira ve baithi,
kahu ke kodi kani;
bhaktan ke bhaktin ve baithi,
Brahma ke brahmani;
kahe Kabir suno bhai sadho,
yeh sab akath kahani!

No comments:

Post a Comment