Sunday, February 3, 2013

Kahlil Gibran♥


I shall listen to the language of your soul as the shore listens to the story of the waves..~ Kahlil Gibran♥

Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms.~ Kahlil Gibran♥


Say not, “I have found the truth” 
but rather, “I have found a truth.”
Say not, “I have found the path of the soul.”
Say rather, “I have met the soul walking upon my path.”
For the soul walks upon all paths.
The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.
The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.



“Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.
But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge.
You would know in words that which you have always known in thought.
You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams.
And it is well that you should.
The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea;
and the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes.
But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure;
And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line.
For self is a sea boundless and measureless.”~Khalil Gibran





See first that you yourself deserve to be a giver, and an instrument of giving. For in truth it is life that gives unto life - while you, who deem yourself a giver, are but a witness.
~Kahlil Gibran


When you meet your friend on the roadside or in the market place, let the spirit in you move your lips and direct your tongue.
Let the voice within your voice speak to the ear of his ear;
For his soul will keep the truth of your heart as the taste of the wine is remembered
When the colour is forgotten and the vessel is no more.~Kahlil Gibran♥


When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams
as the north wind lays waste the garden.
~Kahlil Gibran


How shall you punish those whose remorse is already greater than their misdeeds? ~Kahlil Gibran♥


Fear not beloved,
The stars will keep the secret of our meeting,
And the soft mist of night
Veil our embrace...Kahlil Gibran♥

“Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.”
~Kahlil Gibran


My house says to me, 
"Do not leave me, for here dwells your past."
And the road says to me, 
"Come and follow me, for I am your future."
And I say to both my house and the road, 
"I have no past, nor have I a future. 
If I stay here, there is a going in my staying; 
and if I go there is a staying in my going. 
Only love and death will change all things."

Khalil Gibran... ♥



Let your love be like a moving sea between the shore of your souls,
let the wind of heavens dance between you.
Wake up at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of love.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping,
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
Sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.






No comments:

Post a Comment